"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thirty Days of Thanks - 1

November is my favorite month.  Summer is long gone, the rush of cross country season is over, and the crazy of Christmas has yet to begin.  It is a month in which I purposely hit reset on my soul and intentionally reflect on all the gifts He has lavished upon me.

I went to bed Halloween night looking forward to November.  And I was awakened - far too early - by needy, overtired children.  The day progressed in the same way.  It was noisy, exhausting and rushed, which is the most lethal of combinations for my soul.  I failed to be reflective or thankful.  I simply survived. 

And not very graciously at that.

SO today, November 2, I am hitting the restart button. 

What restores my soul more than any other thing is simple.  His Word.

Quiet time at 5:20 AM with His word and my journal is how I survive.  It is my source of peace and hope and joy.  It is the answers to the questions I would never ask anyone but Him.  It is depth and strength.  It is weakness and dependency.  It is life.

Today, I remember.  I soak it in on this cold dark (and thankfully silent) morning.

And I am thankful.

The kind of thankful that lasts.  That restores.  That refreshes.  That renews.

Thank you Jesus for meeting me here.  Always, You are faithful.

How I need You.