"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, May 19, 2014

May Craziness

May is THE craziest month of the year.

End of the school-year activities and assignments, track meets, graduations, construction season ramping up again. . . it is ALWAYS non-stop activity.

This year since my arms have been full of Mataya Hope, I have not blogged much.  I have also not taken many photos - but I have treasured the moments in my heart.  I am so, so thankful for each of my precious kids.  I adore watching them grow and learn.  This spring I have been cutting myself some slack.  I have chosen to enjoy the moment, and not worry about capturing it on camera or in words.  Someday I will regret that a tiny bit.  I know what I do not write about or photograph I tend to forget. Yet, I also know that being as fully present as possible at events is more important to my kids than anything else.  This spring I have not been capable of both.  So, I chose to be fully present and live with sort-of cheesy photos and a lackluster, belated blog post!

In the last couple of weeks, Mataya Hope. . .
has been adored by her big brother, Joshua.

His total adoration for her is endless.


has been totally enjoyed by momma.

I know I keep saying it, but I LOVE having a baby again.

She has not been the easiest of infants.  She is tiny - still only about 8.5 lbs.  She sleeps best in my arms.  (Translation - I worry about her weight gain all the time and I get nothing done because I am always holding her.)  But no matter, I just love, love, love having a baby again.

 is learning to nap.

Mataya sleeps well at night - but NOT during the day.

Last week she and I worked hard at napping.
She would wake up every time I set her down, just as she's been doing her whole life, and I would ease her back to sleep in her rock and play.  It was a slow, tedious, time-consuming process.  BUT - it was also an excellent investment.  She now NAPS!

Truth be told, I spent so much time holding her these last 2 months that now when she naps alone several times a day I get a bit lonesome for her!
 is starting to see farther and enjoy her toys more.

She now coos at her toys, reaches for them a bit, and notices when we add a new one.

She also likes books.  When I read to her she usually snuggles right in - gazing at the photos and listening to my voice.
 is still a "blanket diva."

She has more blankets than any baby I know.

And it is a good thing, too.

She loves to be snuggled in a soft blanket.  Without one she is always restless.
 is sometimes overwhelmed by her brother's love.

Joshua has been sad that Mataya's always sleeping state is a thing of the past.  She does not love it when he holds her right now.  (Though she does love it when he plays with her when she is laying on the floor.)  Joshua is a snuggler.  He longs to hold her, so we let him try - but as you can see by the look on Mataya's face - it is not his baby's favorite!
has learned to smile!

I still do not have a photo of a full baby smile.  Every time she smiles, time stops, my heart melts, and the last thing on my mind us photography!

Jamison has...
stolen the heart of a lovely girl.

Can you blame her?
Ha!

He has also ran MANY track meets.

He specializes in the 1600 and 3200 - but has qualified for state in the 3200 relay!

We love to watch him run and are continually awed by his progress!

In fact the joke around our house is that he can literally run circles around me.

His 3200 PR this season was about 10:28.  It takes me nearly that long to run one mile!

Sierra has. . .
been busy with choir, band, and track!

She drummed in a parade.  (Which she hated!)
Sang at many concerts - solos included!
She ran the 100 and 200 hurdles - faster than ever.
She tried out for High School Cheerleading and made the Varsity Squad.
And she, as our social butterfly, has spent countless hours hanging with her many BFFs.

Brenna has. . .

nearly completed Elementary School!

One of my favorite end of Elementary traditions is the All-City Track Meet.
(pictured above)
Brenna has also been busy with Student Council activities and fun class celebrations which included a 5th grade dance and an all-class overnight at the school.  Brenna's teacher is very special and very brave. . . or perhaps crazy!  She has done all sorts of special activities for her class.

Krissy has. . .
traveled to Ethiopia!

She just returned from visiting Jemo!  She had a great time doing VBS type crafts with the children and loving on our sponsor kids!  I am so jealous!  

She graduates from High School on Sunday, so she's currently swamped with homework and finals.
She also continues to work, will start National Guard drill in June, and has a boyfriend she enjoys.
She is a busy girl!

Joshua has. . .

become completely camera shy!
Unless he is posing with Mataya, we have to sneak photos!

He graduates from Preschool on Thursday!  He is very excited about that ceremony because he will get to pick where we go for treats following it!

He has become tall, out-going, and self-sufficient.
I am so proud and completely thankful for this "extra" year of preschool.  It was absolutely the right choice for our boy!