"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, May 5, 2014

Thankful for His Promise of Redemption

While I know that on FaceBook my life appears perfect, the truth is that my life is an insane mix of sweet, innocent beauty and some of the hardest times through which I have ever walked.

On one hand, I have the extreme joy of rocking our tiny one.  I have marveled at the wonder of her for hours.  I can be home these first 12 weeks with little responsibility outside of my family.  It is a sweet, sweet time.

I am so thankful.

The kind of thankful that causes my breathe to catch and my eyes to cloud over many times a day.

Deeply, crazily thankful.

On the other hand is a situation that is breaking my heart, causing me to sleep fitfully, and question many, many things.

In the midst of this paradox, I read these words, "That which I refuse to thank Christ for, I refuse to believe He can redeem." (Ann Voskamp, of course.)

Those words will not leave me.

So though my heart is breaking and I am afraid, I thank you, Jesus, for this journey we are traveling.  I know with complete certainty that You will redeem this.  Each step we take brings us closer to Your redemption, and so I thank You for each and every one.