"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, May 2, 2014

My Daughter the Private

Never say never. . .

that is my lesson this month.

After refusing to sign for Krissy to enlist in the National Guard for months, I caved.  After a lot of prayer, time, consideration, and talk - I decided that it would be more beneficial to give Krissy's desire wings than to continue clipping them.

This was hard for me.  Really hard.  So hard that before we agreed to sign we took her out for dinner and wrote a six point contract that we all signed.  It details why we signed (to empower her to live her dream).  It also detailed many other things. . .  Important things which included the fact that we will always love her and she can always come home!  Lastly, we made her promise in writing that even if she regrets this decision, she will not blame us for what was her decision!

The next morning we headed to the recruiters office and signed her paperwork. 

And I did not cry!

(There anyway.  I will confess to totally losing it one afternoon after Chad commented that signing sort of felt like we were signing away our little girl.  Oh, my those words still make my eyes cloud up.  Parenting is terribly hard.)

She passed her physical and all other needed tests on Monday, so it is official our daughter is in!

She ships to Basic Training on October 7.

The Guard will fly her home for a couple weeks after completing Basic - those weeks include Christmas!

Then she will be gone from January to April for more training.

Now, if this all is not shocking enough, her Guard job is sure to shock you!
She chose to learn to work on diesel trucks!
And she is very excited about it!
Go figure!

Krissy never ceases to amaze me.

Congrats, my daughter.  I pray this journey calls out the very best in you.  No matter where you go or what you do, I will always, always love you.