"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, January 18, 2015

10 Months Old





(She bear crawls on the hard floor when she doesn't have pants on.)



At 10 months, Mataya is. . .

on the move!  She learned to crawl Christmas Eve.  Since then she has mastered it and added standing and stair climbing to her skill set.  She is not cruising around furniture much though.

jabbering!  Mataya loves to talk.  Her favorite words include: WOW! Momma, Da, Rah (Sierra), puppup, HI, no no no,  uh oh, ball, bath, yum, bakbakbak (like a chicken), tickle tickle.  She also loves to clap, wave hi and bye, shake her finger no, play so big, peek-a-boo, and "get you, get you!"

eating all table food.  She hates baby food - even the fun stuff like puffs.

napping twice a day.

sleeping all night. She no longer gets a bottle overnight night, but she does wake looking for her paci sometimes.  She likes her sound machine on "waves" and to sleep on her side snuggling her tiny blanket.

waking up grumpy.  UGH!  She takes a bit of time after she wakes to be her sweet sociable self.

outgrowing her 12 month clothes.

teething ALL the time!  She has 8 teeth, four of which she has grown since Christmas.

silly and sweet and funny.  She has mastered the fake giggle and fake cough.  She likes to charm us all with her smiles and chatter.  She has also learned to throw a fit when she does not get what she wants.  She is very mild mannered for the most part, so I love seeing her assert herself. . . most of the time.

a singer in the making.  Mataya loves music.  She "sings" along all the time.  Especially in church.

the light of my days.  I adore the time Mataya and I spend together each day.  I love tickle breaks.  Rocking with a bottle.  Playing get you get you.  Reading books.  Companionship while running errands.  

As her first birthday looms closer, I remind myself daily that I have vowed to celebrate each milestone.  I will not mourn her first birthday.  I WILL NOT MOURN HER FIRST BIRTHDAY!  I WILL NOT!!!!!  (It is hard though.)

Mataya Hope-y Girl, you may never understand just how much I have enjoyed your baby days.  They have been some of the sweetest, most precious moments of my life.  Slowing down.  Celebrating simple.  Singing.  Rocking.  Dancing.  Playing.  Snuggling.  Oh sweet baby, I have treasured these moments.  I am so very thankful that God sent us you.  You are a gift, precious one.  I am so thankful for YOU.