"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sierra's First Ride


We have a very happy 15-year-old!

Of all our kids, Sierra has been the most excited to drive.  She truly loves driving and does a very good job.  While she does not get her license until March, she has been dreaming about her first car.

Originally Chad and I had planned for her to drive Krissy's bug for a few years.  Sierra was not thrilled.  She has had MANY hand-me-downs growing up, and she really wanted her own first car.  

Plan B was for Sierra to get Jamison's jeep.  She liked that idea better than the bug idea.  In fact she was almost excited about it, and then Chad and I changed our minds again!

In an unprecedented move, we handed Jamison's jeep down to Krissy.  At first Sierra was totally bummed.

And then when her Dad promised that she could help choose her car, she became very excited.

Very excited!

BUT - she kept falling in love with vehicles that we did not feel good about for one reason on another.  One was too spendy.  Another was too expensive to insure.  Yet another did not seem safe enough to us.

Last week when she and I were driving she pointed to a little SUV and said, "I love that!  I would like something like that."

I think I was happier than she was because it was exactly like what Chad and I hoped to get her.  At last we were all on the same page.

She was over the moon when she texted her dad with her her idea and he responded with "Lets go shopping."

There is NOTHING Chad likes to shop more than a new (or new to us) vehicle.  Within 48 hours he had found a screaming deal on a little SUV.  It was not quite the make and model of Sierra's dream - but she agreed to go look at it.

Let's just say it was love at first sight.  LOL!

Her daddy worked the deal the next day, and I do not think Sierra has stopped smiling since he picked her up from school in it on Monday.

I have to admit she looks pretty cute in it!

I also have to admit I might cry the day she gets her license.  I LOVE the one on one time I have when I am shuttling Sierra place to place.  I will miss her like crazy when she becomes her own chauffeur.  Mataya, on the other hand, will be thrilled!  Less time buckled into her car seat will make baby girl happier than ever.

I still have 2 months, and I plan to enjoy every second!