"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Eve

This is New Year's Eve at 40!

Ha!

I made a whole pot of coffee and drank it Ethiopian style - with LOTS of sugar in the raw - at about 8 PM.  I drank it all, minus the one cup I gave Chad.

Mataya and I watched the neighbors fireworks out our big windows at 8:10.

She was asleep by 8:20.

Joshua climbed into the box he and Mataya had been playing in all day at about 8:40 and fell asleep in the middle of the family room.



I served snacks to Brenna and her friends and got them settled with movies and such in the loft.  I then alternated between laughing at them and shushing them the rest of the night.

I served snacks and a glass of wine to Chad and myself at about 11.

I snuggled up on the couch with my husband, read a book and sipped my wine until midnight.

I congratulated myself for staying awake until midnight, kissed my man, and promptly fell asleep on the couch!

It was the perfect way to start 2015 in my book.

Happy New Year!