"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sweet 16

 My ever beautiful Berra-girl turned 16 last week.

16!

This is what I shared about the above picture (via Instagram) on her birthday. "I remember this day so clearly!  You were so excited.  The purity of your sweetness took my breath away.  I was so worried the moment would be fleeting.  What I know now is that it was not.  Though you have grown into a stunningly beautiful 16 year old, your very essence remains unchanged.  Being your mom brings me so much joy. Love you Berra-girl.  So much. #sweet16"

Sierra is a unique treasure.

She shares her whole heart all of the time.
She is a spit-fire, who tells you exactly what she thinks.
She loves deep and hard and long.
She fights injustice with passion and love.
She is humble and chooses to ask for forgiveness when she realizes she is wrong.
She is a fashionista, who (lucky for me) likes to dress her mom.
She is not as confident as most people assume.
She handles socially awkward situations much better than her momma  and most other adults do.
She sings like an angel.
She is still grieving the loss of cheer and other sports.
She loves to hunt.
She adores her job with elementary children after school.
She wants to work on the mission filed in a medical occupation.
She adores science.
She is very social - but craves quiet time shut away in her room.
She is currently addicted to Grey's Anatomy.
She is the best encourager in my life.
She is a wonderful listener who often longs for people to listen to her.
She loves Jesus.
She loves, loves, loves Jesus.
She is a very deliberate sister and auntie.
And there is this boy. . .
who happened to bring her a dozen white roses on her 16th birthday.

Chad and I didn't want to like him.
After all, she's much too young for a boyfriend. . . right?

BUT, we failed.
We actually approve of our 16 year old's beau.
(That is a scary sentence to type, and I am so thankful it is true.)

Oh, Sierra.  You are such a gift.  You are my daughter that chooses to trust me with your whole heart.  That is such an incredible honor.  To be both your mom and your friend is the most incredible thing.  You know my heart like few others.  Beloved, know I pray for you constantly.  Thank you for praying for me and with me.  Life will never be easy (we just had that talk tonight) - but you need not fear.  God will always see you through.  Love you so much, Momma