"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Dog's Life


Ever been jealous of a dog?


I was today! Why? Because while I have spent the last 2 days frantically unpacking, washing, folding, and putting away 20+ loads of laundry, cleaning 4 bathrooms, scrubbing, vacuuming, changing bedding, catching up at the office, buying groceries, cooking, wrapping gifts, setting up my basement to seat 22 for dinner tomorrow, etc... my dog slept!


Riley got to stay at Grammy's house while we were in Florida. He came home as tired as the rest of us. He truly slept all day, he did not even eat or drink until 6:30 this evening. Oh, to be a dog!


But I am now officially ready for Christmas! We will host Chad's extended family for Christmas Eve. Getting ready was hard with the trip and all, but I love to have them and I am really looking forward to the day.


When our house clears out we will go to my parent's home for our annual sleep-over. We live in the same town as my parents but we still sleep there every Christmas Eve. Even as a grown-up I love being able to "go home" for Christmas. I love waking up in my childhood bedroom, having coffee with my parents in my pj's, and together watching the kids open their stockings. I love the the way my mom has combined so many traditions from my dad's side of the family, her own side of the family, and some new one's that are purely our own to make a day we look forward to all year. I cherish the security of the love that we share. I am so blessed.


I did not get Christmas cards sent this year. I may just surprise you on Valentine's Day or something. However, we do wish you the merriest of Christmases. May "peace on Earth and goodwill toward men" reign in your hearts and homes. May you truly know the love and acceptance of the Savior whose birth we celebrate. We love you!