"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, December 7, 2009

New Ethiopia Resources


Remember how I mentioned Chad will love eating and preparing Ethiopian food? This was the pile of peppers he cut up Saturday morning to put into his chili!


I also have discovered that I am appropriately named. The Ethiopian stew that is made for people who do not enjoy their food so fiery is called "alicha" (ah-lee-cha). Is that not too funny?!



Pictured above are my latest Ethiopian book purchases. I am so excited about them. There is a book for each age and reading level in my household. The "Tsion's Life" book is my favorite. It combines the story of a real 11 year old Ethiopian girl with some brief facts and statistics about Ethiopia. The pictures are beautiful and some Amharic works are even introduced. I found these books at http://www.amharickids.com/. They were a little pricey for this half.com book shopper, but they are beautiful!
Last update for today - Krissy already sold one of the items she listed yesterday and her dad let her have the money from the pop machine at work, so she made $65 today! She is having fun watching her auction items on EBay, more $$$ yet to come. Thanks Grammy and Teresa!