"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crazy Coincidences

I as in a business meeting today. I was meeting with a 50ish, white, red-headed woman about investments. As part of the "pre-meeting small talk" our Ethiopian adoption came up. She responds, "I used to live in Ethiopia!" (Go figure?!?)

Her father was in the army, and when she was 12 they were stationed in Ethiopia. We spoke extremely briefly about her memories - both wishing for a lunch date to finish the conversation. She does not live here so unfortunately lunch won't happen.

Anyway, fast forward to the end of the meeting and she asks me, "Why Ethiopia?" I laughed and told her we really DO need a long lunch! I then responded that the short answer is after watching a video on Ethiopian adoption God just totally took over my heart. He really did not let me rest until I submitted to his will and we started filling out the paperwork to bring home "Joshua." She got really quiet for a minute and responded, "He must be a really special little boy."

Our thoughts exactly!