"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday to Me

Yesterday was my birthday. Usually I am all about my birthday, we always joke that it is an undeclared national holiday. This year I was not in a birthdayish kind of mood. I was grouchy enough that the card my daughter made for me referred to the fact that my family loves me even when I am crabby! (Maybe my bad attitude was why Krissy and Jay could not be convinced to join the rest of us in my birthday photo. I really do have 4 kids!)


There were several things that made my day extra special though:
  1. Two of my favorite little girls in the whole world, Ellie and Abby, called to sing Happy Birthday to me! Never underestimate how special simple little things can be. Their song was a treasure.
  2. My parents and Chad's mom came over supper. As always, I rwas given very thoughtful gifts.
  3. I received our home study in the mail, rushed to the Secretary of State's office to have some documents certified, and drug Chad to have his photos taken for the dossier.

All so that I finally was able to stop here:



to mail our completed paperwork to our agency!
The paperwork is scheduled to reach their office before noon tomorrow, so with any luck we will officially be a waiting family before the end of 2009!