"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, November 19, 2012

Construction Update: Home again.

We officially moved back home last Tuesday. 
 
While it was good to be home, it was weird as well. The first time we moved in and got everything settled, it was so exciting.  Redoing that same event only 6 weeks later, was not.  It was just hard work.  And dirty, really really dirty.  Reconstruction makes twice as much mess as construction.  And I hate mess.  It was not a good comination.
 
After being home for a week, I have gotten some areas settled that were not settled before.  That feels good.
 
 This is positioned in our back entry.  It has the big family calendar, lunch menus, school reminders, etc... organized and displayed.  Becoming organized again feels really good.
 This is our family room.  When the house flooded, it was not completed.  Chad, Sandy Telehey, and I worked hard to get it done by the time we moved back in.  It is a really cozy space.  The mantle on the fireplace is my favorite feature.  Chad made it from pallet materials that his metal building materials are shipped on.  Because he loves me so much, he left the wood rough and uneven.  I just love it.
 This is our sitting room.  (Notice the campers parked right outside the window.  Oh the memories!)  I found these red "leather" chairs for a steal.  I have always wanted red leather, so they were an unexpected blessing.
The sitting room from above.  This is my favorite area to snuggle up and drink coffee before the sun comes up.
 
(I am still undecided as to what I want to put in the corner between the chairs.)
 
Evidence that we are officially home:
 Chad's fish has been hauled home and hung up.
 I bought an alarming amount of groceries and filled the pantry . . . just in case we get snowed in.  Buying staples - like flour and sugar - felt so good.  The bill was not quite as thrilling!
 Supper is simmering on the stove.
 
Cooking is not my passion, but it sure feels good to cook in a real kitchen.  I actually have lists of things I am looking forward to making in the next month or so.
 
Signs that construction continues:
Unfortunately, the work is not yet complete.  The largest remaining project is the master bathroom.
 
Chad has been working half to three-quarter time so that he can complete things as quickly as possible.  We delayed closing a bit, but we still hope to close by the December 6.  Closing will be such a relief.  SUCH A RELIEF!
 
We continue to wait on a settlement from the insurance company. 
 
When both of those items are settled I will feel 100 lbs lighter.
 
Praying that day will soon be here.