"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, November 22, 2012

First Thanksgiving at Fox Meadow

Today we hosted our first holiday in the new house.
 
It was nice to do something here other than WORK.
 This is Chad's sweet Grandma.
 
She and I have a deal.
 
I host.  She does most of the cooking.
We both enjoy that arrangement!
 
So does everyone else.  She cooks WAY better than I do!
 Here is proof that I do cook once in a while!
Mashed potatoes are my Thanksgiving specialty.
 We had a small group this year, only 15.
 
My favorite part of this picture is the camper parked right outside the window!
 
We are all very thankful we were NOT inside of it!
 My treasures!
 
They have changed so much since last Thanksgiving.
One year ago Krissy was still our tallest child. 
I am thankful for my true love.
 
I have laughed all day because this morning as we lay in bed whispering before all the kids woke up Chad said to me, "I love you.  You know we really drive each other crazy sometimes, but I still really love you."  My first response was, "Thanks. . . I guess!"  But as I think about it, that is what 18 years of marriage is all about.  We love each other, period.  We do not always agree, and we sometimes drive each other crazy.  But no matter what, we choose to love.  At first his comment may not have felt romantic; however, that kind of real, honest, forever love IS the most romantic thing I could ask for.  (Although a few roses would not be bad either.  Ha!)