"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Snowed In an the Inn

This weekend we experienced our first snow storm of the season.  Since it did not really snow AT ALL last winter it seemed extra dramatic!

I had many things I wanted to get done this weekend.  Some projects at the house, but most of all I wanted to get to Carrington to babysit my nephew.  That did not happen.  BOO! 

I grumped for a bit Saturday morning about not being able to go anywhere or get anything done, but eventually I embraced the adventure!  (Plus I got hours and hours of book work done for Chad's business.  I always feel better when I am a bit productive!)

Here are a few pictures of our snow storm adventure!
 Brenna loves some TV time, and the hotel has cable!
 Tickle torture!
(As you can see, he love it!)
 Joshua LOVES the pool!
Inventing new ways to jump in is his favorite.
" Going for the gold!"
Krissy getting wild.
 
After a long morning of swimming, we were HUNGRY!  Roads were too bad to drive on
so. . .

 Krissy, Brenna, Joshua, and I walked across the street to Olive Garden for lunch.  It was snowing and blowing like crazy!  It was also cooooold!  About half way there Joshua stopped and yelled, "Mom, you have to help me.  My forehead is freezing!"  So I scooped him up and ran with him on my hip the rest of the way. 
 
You have to love ND.  Even in a big old snow storm Olive Garden stays open!
Jamison, Sierra, and Chad were off on an adventure of their own.  It was the first weekend of deer hunting, and Jamison had his first buck tag.  They travel about 2 hours to hunt.  It was not snowing there, instead they were "gifted" with freezing rain.  Jamison had decided that his minimum requirement in a buck would be a 4 by 4.  It will surprise no one to hear that was exactly what he shot.  He got it in one clean shot through the neck.  His dad was very impressed with the shot!
 
After they harvested the buck, they drove home.  Roads were BAD!  Chad was freaked, and he does not scare easily!  He was kind enough to have the kids text me every 20 miles or so to let me know they were OK.  I appreciated that so much.  I am not much of a road worrier, but when you are driving on roads listed as "no travel advised" even I get a little tense!  Thankfully, they made it home  safe and sound.
 
This weekend I am thankful for:
  • Technology!  I loved hearing from my travelers and watching the road map that ND updates every few minutes on days like yesterday! 
  • My kindle!  I can always locate a good book even when it is too yucky to go to the store.
  • Laughter!
  • Swimming pools!
  • Cleaning products!  I have spent much time trying to get all the sheetrock dust our of our new home.
  • A new 4-Wheel Drive vehicle purchased before the storm.
  • Warm clothes, coats, hats, boots, and gloves
  • Restaurants and their workers.  Popcorn 3 meals in a row would not have killed us, but pasta was WAY better!
  • A new book that is inspiring me.
  • Work completed.
  • Sleeping in, 2 mornings in a row.  That is unprecedented!
  • A husband who works until the job is done, even when his employees let him down.
  • The hope of moving home again this week.
  • Photos, they just make my heart smile.
Please pray for us this week.  We hope to settle with the insurance company.  Pray that the settlement is stress free and just for all involved.  Also pray for much work to get done in little time.  We are set to close in 10 days.  I am more than a little worried about how it will all get done!!!