"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Some Fun Firsts this Fall

This blog has been silent because I believe that if you do not have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut.  So, since I have been the grumpiest person in the universe, my blog has been silent.
 
I decided that grumpy or not, I did not want to forget some of the fun moments of this fall.
 I had the honor of buying my tall son his first tie.
 
He knew exactly what he wanted - pink.
 
Even in sweats, Jay is one handsome guy.  A tie put him right over the top.
I thought the girls would never stop texting after he wore this outfit to school!
There is just something about a guy in a tie.
 Krissy is taking a speech class, and she is required to dress up on the days she gives speeches.
On this day she was to give a speech about Ethiopia.
Joshua thought he should be in the picture with her since he "knows the most about Ethiopia in this family!"
 
The fact that Krissy allowed me to take a picture of her is an event in and of itself though!
 Sierra went to her first Middle School dance.
Yep.
She loved it.
 Jamison went to the State Cross Country Meet as an alternate.
We were so thrilled for him.  His team took their top13 guys (the full team is bout 40).  10 ran.  At the beginning of the season it never, ever occurred to him that State was even possible for him this year.  By the time State came around he was itching to run, rather than be an alternate!  We are all so proud of his progress this season.
 
CHS finished 4th at State.  They were ranked 5th,
Congrats boys on a great season!
I am already excited for next year!
 
Last night our whole family dressed up for our church's first ever "Trunk or Treat" event.
(OK so all of us were only dressed up long enough for the photo.  And I bribed Krissy into this one.  But we were all dressed for about 3 minutes!)
 
Many weeks ago, Sierra suggested that Chad bring his payloader for our "trunk."  We would wear hard hats and high visibility vests.  I loved it!  I am a Halloween scrooge, so simple and cheap makes me happy on Halloween!
 
Then our home flooded.
 
Construction has become much less exciting and joyful.
 
I was no longer very thrilled about dressing up as a family of construction workers!
But, since it remained cheap and easy, the plan remained unchanged.
 
I guess, like it or not, construction just defines this season so we may as well celebrate it?
(sigh)