"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, October 25, 2012

He makes us laugh!

I have not taken nearly enough time in the last 5 months to record the things little man does that make us laugh.  It is time I remedy that!

  • Joshua HATES spiders!  This week at school, they are studying spiders.  Yesterday when I asked him how school went he said, "They are talking about spiders.  I hate spiders!  I listened to my teachers talking, but I should not have though.  I did not like it!"
  • Today they made spider hats at school.  Joshua made one too.  He proudly tried it on for me.  Then he explained, "It is supposed to be a spider hat.  I pretend it is a witch hat though.  A spider on my head would be scary!"
  • We were shopping this afternoon and I noticed footy jammies for moms.  I joked about how silly I would look in footy jammies.  Joshua told me, "You would not look silly.  You always look cute!"

  • Jamison helped Joshua get ready to swim tonight.  Joshua insisted on wearing his new snow boots along with his swimming trunks and life jacket when they met me in th lobby.  He made everyone smile when he came through the lobby strutting his stuff.  I laughed out loud when Jay told me that when Joshua came out of the bathroom dressed in his crazy outfit he proudly exclaimed, "Don't I look amazing in my new snowboots and swimming clothes?!?" 
  • I let him swim without his life jacket in the shallow end for a bit. He and his siblings were playing catch with a big ball.  Twice he slipped and his mouth went under the water.  After the second slip he told me quite seriously, "Mom, I drowned two times!  Good thing I am good at drowning!  It could have been serious!!!"
I am so thankful for the laughter that this little guy brings to our family!