"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, October 13, 2012

WDA Meet 2012

I am so thankful for today!
 
We headed out of town to watch both Jamison and Sierra run at the WDA Cross Country Meet.  It would always be a fun day, and today it was a delightful distraction from the troubles of life.
 I got dressed this morning in the first CHS shirt I have had in almost 20 years.
Alumni, did you know they switched from baby blue to navy?
 This photo makes me laugh!
The boys both decided to be silly and never told us girls!
Brothers!
 Our runners!
Sierra ran with Horizon as a 7th grader.
Jay ran in the High School boys race.
 Jay's race was first.
Here is the team meeting on the course.
 Chad and Brenna were resting up pre-races.
Cross country demands that spectators be active to!
I just love it!
 They are off!
 Today was a big race for Jamison.  It was his last chance to qualify for state.  It was also the toughest course of the season.  The temps were just perfect for spectators, but a bit hot for runners.
One thing he needed to do to make the state team is beat this teammate.
 
 
 
 They have been running neck and neck for the past few weeks.

 The ran the same way this race as well.
The boys are good friends, but a race is a race.
 
In the end of this race, Jamison out sprinted his teammate at the finish. (sorry, no photo!)
It was a tough tight finish.  Brenna said, "Mom!  You should have seen Jay! His muscles were all tensed up and he looked amazing!"  (I was just down from the finish a little bit, so I missed the final sprint.)
 
It looks like Jay is in!
He is quite sure he will go to state as an alternate.
 
Whether or not he qualified for state, I am so proud of his season.  His progress has been simply amazing!
 
Jay finished, and Sierra's race began.
I had not hardly caught my breath between the two!
 Because Sierra had been hurt much of the season, this was her first big race.

 She did a great job!
 I was especially impressed by the way she powered up hills.
 
I am so thankful that Sierra was able to run today!
It was so fun to watch her!
 
 We finished this evening with a little swimming.
Little man loves swimming!
 Always inventing some type of competition, my racers decided they should play a little chicken!
I love this photo!
These two being wild and carefree is a sight I adore!
 
***As far as a house update, we moved out on Friday evening.  The heaters, fans, and dehumidifiers used to dry the house have heated the house to more than 110* degrees.  It is truly unbearable.  We checked into a hotel, and it has been a much needed break from chaos.  I am thankful for a fairly good night's sleep last night.  I am thankful for the fun and distraction of the day.  This loss has hit me pretty hard.  I am really, really sad.  Sad about the big things - more time in crummy living quarters, more work, my kids learning how quickly and easily hard work can be destroyed.  That is the tough one for me.  We are building a beautiful home, nicer than we need.  However, our kids have been far from spoiled and coddled,  my kids have worked side by side with us every step of the way.  They gave up their whole summer.  When asked what they did this summer that was fun, they can think of nothing!  (They can think of things they did that were satisfying and crazy though!)  I HATE that all that the majority of that work has been destroyed.  I hate that my new home feels ruined.  It sort of feels like it will never be new.  It feels cheapened.  So many things will be patched together.  There will always be vent homes in the sheetrock under the base boards.  There will always be patch spots in the drywall.  There will always be more seams in the carpet than necessary and mismatched dye lots (which may or may not be noticeable.)  The trim will always have the extra nail holes from being put on, removed, and reinstalled.  It will be pretty.  It will be close to perfect, but there will be scars.  I don't want the scars.  I don't want the extra work.  I don't want to live in a messed up, contractor filled, partially finished home any longer. It makes me sad that I do not have a choice but to persevere.  I do know how much worse it could have been.  I do know that most people will never see the scars.  I do know that most of my gripes are petty.  I will get over it.  I will throw my whole self into fixing what was broken.  But today, I am sad.
 
 
I am not sure when we will be able to move back into the house.  I am not sure how quickly we will have approval to start fixing.  For today, I am thankful to be where we are.  I am not ready to go home and face it all again quite yet.
 
Sorry for the pity party.  I am OK.  I have truly enjoyed the day.  I am also grieving, and that is important too.  Thank you for the encouraging comments, texts, and calls.  I appreciate each one so very much.