"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Holding On To His Promises

Last week was one of the most difficult weeks of my life.

It began with me grieving the mess that a broken water line made in our home.  I was so incredibly sad.  That took me a bit by surprise, but surprising or not, I was crushed that a summer's worth of hard work was ruined in hours.

My grief was quickly deepened from one simple text from a friend.  It read, "on our way to hospital..."

I have spent the week trying to get a grasp on how life can completely change in a matter of minutes.

I have cried, raged, prayed, wrestled. . .

While I rejoice in the prayers I have seen answered, I struggle with the ones that we are waiting on.

I have been really angry at times this week.  There is too much sad.  There is too much stress.  There is too much loss.  It is not fair.  (Yes, I do know how immature those words are.  Yet - they are also true.)

From the beginning, God has been playing this song in my mind - over, and over, and over.

I wanted to tune it out.  I tried to block it out, because I was too mad to want to listen.

I'm still mad.  I'm still sad.  I still do not understand.

But, I am trying to listen.  I am trying to trust.  I am trying to allow Him to comfort me.

I know many of you have had the same week.  Many of us are trying to hold on together.

Maybe this song will soothe your souls a bit as well.



I look forward to the day when it all makes sense.

Until then, I choose to hold on to His promises.

And I am relying on Him for healing and hope.