"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, February 24, 2013

He Has A Way With Words

 
 
I kid you not, Joshua Gebeyehu Chad Dietrich LOVES to give compliments!  He melts my heart on an hourly basis.  Just today he said:
  • Mommy, you are the best mommy ever.
  • I have something for you.  Bend over, you will love it!  (Plants a HUGE kiss on my cheek.)
  • You are a good cook!  Thanks for breakfast!
  • You are the prettiest sister in the world.
  • You are the bestest sister I ever had.
  • I love you more than the whole world.
  • I just want to hug you and hug you.
  • Mommy, you are the prettiest thing I ever saw.  Daddy is the most handsome.
  • When you are gone, I am going to miss you a lot!  I'm going to have fun too.  That's good right!  We are a family forever so we can still have fun when we are not together!
  • I will love you forever.
  • You give the best hugs I ever had.
  • Wow! You have beautiful hair!
 
Words of affirmation are certainly his gift!
 
Chad and I fly away tomorrow bright and early.  As I wrote a schedule out for the grandparents, I was struck by all that has changed in a year.  Last year, my biggest concern was how Joshua would do with us away.  We had never left him.  He still had some hard times, so the schedule included some instructions on what to do if he. . .
 
Fast forward a year and I am only concerned that the grandparents will lose their minds trying to get the teenagers where they need to be, when they need to be there!  There are 6 pages, I am not exaggerating, of detailed explanations describing just how much driving they have committed to doing!  It is pure craziness! 
 
It is also beautiful and perfectly normal!
 
Have a great week all!  Pray for my kids and their grandparents!  It will be a busy week at the Dietrich house, while Daddy and I nap on the beach!