"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Just A Singin'

I spent this afternoon laying on the couch with a stomach ache.
 
Much to my delight, this handsome little guy decided to sing me songs.
 
He was sooo funny.  He makes up words as he goes along. 
 
 Some words are so sweet like, "I love my mom.  I love my dad.  I love my family."
 
Others are totally random, like "Johann Sebastian Bach."
 
Still others still sound like Amharic to me.
 
Truly.
 
I really wonder sometimes if a part of his brain remembers the language of his birth.
 
But when asked what he is saying, he just laughs.
 
At one point he brought me my good camera saying, "You better take some pictures.  This is a really good afternoon."
 
Enjoy my delightful son in action.
 










 
I'm so thankful for my sweet Joshua.
He even makes a nasty tummy ache feel like a vacation.
 
(His daddy is equally funny.  He commented to me today, "I tried to snuggle up next to you last night, but I bumped into a naked Ethiopian."  I have laughed at that wording all day.  Only Chad can turn the annoying experience of finding his naked son, who had peed in his own bed so decided to take over daddy's dry spot in "mommy's" bed into something hilarious.