"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I used to be a "mommy momma."  The kind of mom that was always baking cookies and creating craft projects for my kids.  I had the house work, cooking, and laundry done before Chad got home each night - so evenings were spent hanging with the kids and my husband.

Sigh.

I miss those days!

Alas, Mommy going to work times two has altered our life - BIG!

We now celebrate things that were once the norm, like fresh-baked, made-from-scratch cookies!

Today I made a recipe we had all nearly forgotten, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies!  (I am recording it here so that in the event my kids claim I never baked from scratch, I have evidence.)

2 eggs
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c butter flavor Crisco
1.5 c peanut butter
1.5 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c oatmeal
1.5 c flour
1 bag M&M's (optional)

Cream together sugars, shortening, peanut butter, and eggs.  Add dry ingredients.  Bake at 375* for 9 to 11 minutes.

This is what I miss most about being a cookie baking mommy momma - 

my kids hanging with me in the kitchen!

When cookies are baking and the kids are clowning in the kitchen this momma's heart is full.

I am thankful for a rare "mommy momma" moment today.