"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, March 13, 2014

39 Weeks

I am feeling totally ready for baby tonight.  My church office is settled.  While I have a to-do list waiting for me on Monday (and always will), things will be just fine if I do not return.

And her crib has arrived and is put together at long last!
 Sierra and Chad got the crib put together just hours after it arrived.

Putting things together is NOT Chad's favorite.  Far from.  He would actually build something from plans he has drawn than try to figure out how to follow instructions on pre-made furniture.  We both laugh (now) remembering the first time he set up a crib.  I was so excited.  He was so irritated.  It was not a great combination!  After that, I always put the crib together.

Until today.

Now that is growth people.  (Ha!)
It looks darling.

39 years old and 39 weeks pregnant feels significant.

While I am feeling extremely expectant - with all the typical symptoms, fatigue, sleeplessness, backaches, some swelling, lots of contractions, indigestion - I also continue to feel very grateful.

This pregnancy has been a gift about which I refuse to complain.  Instead I am savoring each moment.

However, at the same time, I am finally feeling truly anxious for her to arrive.  For weeks I have not been ready - there were things to do!  Additionally, I was not emotionally ready for this sweet connection of pregnancy to end.  It has been such an incredible time, and I have not been anxious for it to end.  Yesterday I finally felt ready. . . antsy. . . weary.

And that too is good.

There is a time for everything, and the time for this tiny one to arrive is quickly approaching.  Though I am mentally prepared to work one more week, I am really hoping she arrives before Monday morning.  I am not sure I have one more week of work left in me.  However, unless we discover she is still breech tomorrow, I fully expect to work next week.  My babies just do not come early, though you officially have my permission to begin praying her here!