"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Baby Shower

Though I was convinced that I was way too old and have far too many children to be the recipient of a baby shower, some very special friends showered us with love and lots of darling baby things today.  I am one lucky momma.


Brenna was the photographer.  She got some fun shots - but she missed a few things, too.  In fact, she only took shots of me.  Which means the rest of the guests, the beautiful punch, creative centerpiece and decorations, and the yummy buffet will remain our little secret.






 It is still hard to believe that in 12 days this little kicker is due!

Except, of course, when you check out my profile.
For many weeks my kids have told me that I look like I swallowed a basketball.  I think it has been upgraded to a beach ball.  I had a little boy at Joshua's school this week tell me, "That is one BIG baby!"  Joshua thinks it is hilarious when he pretends to dribble my belly like a basketball.  I thought it was funny, too. . . the first time anyway.  

She is one very low baby.  I am constantly paranoid that the bottom of my belly is sticking out of my shirts.  They are plenty big around but most are not long enough to cover her up.  I do not remember this problem from other pregnancies.  It is too bad it is not summer because sundresses would be much more comfy than my current wardrobe.

Other than the naked belly worry, I feel great.  The last two weeks have been over-the-top busy at work.  That did show up in my blood pressure this last week.  It was the highest I have ever seen it.  It was not high enough to totally freak out my doctor, but it did worry me.  Seeing the proof that I was pushing my body too hard caused me to slow down a bit.   I worked shorter days the end of the week and got some extra rest.  I am feeling a bit more sane now.

Dr. I. still thinks baby is heads down.  I am hoping she is correct - the ultrasound on Friday will be the final proof.  While I do think she is correct; I am a bit afraid to get my hopes up too high.  I am certain that baby feels "settled."  Although she still moves a lot, those movements have changed.  She no longer tosses and turns and rolls; she punches, jabs, and kicks.

I am a little over 1 cm dilated and have lots of contractions throughout the day.  I know that sounds like looming labor to some, but it is just normal for me.  I have never gone into labor without a bit of medical help.  I have always been between 3 and 5 cm dilated before real labor has begun.  I will be (happily) shocked if that changes this time.  I'd love to go into labor spontaneously. . . as long as the baby is not born in the car or on the living room floor.  Chad would NOT be happy if that were to happen.  So, I am predicting baby to arrive about 5 days late (assuming she has not flipped breech again) - but I will have everything ready for my leave at work by this Wednesday just in case.

Our home is ready for her as well.
 Her dresser is full of teeny, tiny, freshly-washed clothes.
 Our bags are packed.
And her bed is ready and waiting in our room.

We will meet you soon, sweet baby.
We WILL meet you soon!