"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, March 14, 2014

Floating Boats

Joshua did not have school today.

His big kids did.

His momma had doctor appointments.

His daddy had to work.

Luckily, Grandpa Scott has retired from his office job, so Joshua was able to spend the day with him.

He was so stinkin' excited!  

The big event of the day?

Building boats out of scrap wood and then floating them in the stream that flows through Grandpa's pasture in the spring!  Though I was not there to watch Grandpa and Joshua build and play, Joshua was able to bring his boats home to show me.  He was thrilled to float his boats in the "stream" that melted snow has made in our ditch.






There are few things more wonderful than spring.  I love watching the snow melt!
Thanks Grandpa for a super fun day!

(And for the record, Jamison was excited to see the boats too.  Floating spring boats is a special memory to my now tall son as well!)

In other Dietrich news, Chad is sporting some spectacles.
He is not very happy about them.  After almost 40 years of perfect vision, it is a big adjustment.
His complaints make me laugh!  I have had glasses/contacts since the fourth grade so I am hardly sympathetic!

Miss Sierra earned her learners permit today.

She is pumped!  Not only can she begin driving, she also received 94 likes for the above picture on Instagram.  Sigh.  Teen culture is an interesting thing!

I teased her that if driving with her is not enough to put me into labor - nothing is!
Ha!

Lastly, baby has remained heads down!  I am so thankful.  Also, my maternity leave has officially began.  My blood pressure continues to be on the high side, so if this little peanut has not arrived by very early next week, we will induce labor.  I would really, really love to avoid an induction.  (I know whine, whine, whine!)  I have been induced several times in the past, and they have all gone very well.  I have no horror stories.  I'd just prefer a less medical birth this time.

So - I am trusting this desire of my heart to God, knowing that He knows what is best for all of us!

(I think Chad may be relieved about an induction.  He had a dream this week that he delivered the baby on the family room floor.  Check that. . . a nightmare!  Knowing we are soon hospital bound is music to his ears.)