"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Makin' Sure He's NOT "Soft!"


My favorite moment of today was watching these two wrestle.

Joshua loves to tease and joke and "talk smack."  He truly has a great sense of humor.

He also gets a little too big for his britches sometimes.

In those moments, Jamison grabs him, pins him, and tickles him.

Those two go round and round and round.  

And I love it.

I love the physical.

I love the "normal."  Though they are 10 years apart in age, all brothers MUST wrestle.

And I love the mentoring.

Jamison thinks deep about his role as big brother.  He often says, "It is my job to make sure he's not too soft (AKA wimpy).  I only had sisters.  I was a bit soft."

Were Jamison an unfeeling brute, I may worry.  But, Jay is has much depth of character.  His choosing to invest in his brother makes my heart happy.

I'm so thankful for loud, crazy, brother-bonding wrestling matches.
(At least until something gets broken!)