"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Minute Moments

Last week was insanely busy.  
The details all blur together, and yet minute moments made me pause and praise.
 I was frantically returning an email last week when Mataya grabbed my phone, cuddled up cheek to cheek, and demanded "Cheese!"  (Cheese translates to take a picture with me.  Sierra has her trained.  They snapchat together all the time.)  Looking into my phone camera to "cheese" with this precious one certainly put life back into perspective.  Busy or not, there is nothing that compares to the importance of time with my family.

Thank you, precious Tay Tay, for ever-so-sweetly helping mommy regain true focus.
 I sent Joshua upstairs to clean his room.  When I went up to check his progress, this is what I found.

Playtime trumps a clean room. . . always.

Thank you, Joshua, for reminding me that relationships trump clean - always!
 Mataya has a new found passion to clean the Earth.  When we walk or jog, she points to all the stray trash and yells "UH OH!" frantically.  She gets quite upset if I ignore her plea to clean up.  And so we slow down, and help - rather than rushing forward on my own selfish agenda.

Thank you, baby girl, for reminding me that I DO have time to help.

(On a side note, if you look closely in the above picture you may notice a game of touch football going on.  The guys were playing "shirts and skins."  When Mataya saw them she pointed, pounded her chest and said "Uh oh!  Momma, uh oh!" with more chest thumps for emphasis!  She was horrified that the young men did not have shirts on.  I did not even try to explain it.  I just laughed and said, "Did they lose their shirts?"  To which she responded, "Yes!  Uh ohhhh!"  She is too funny!)
I am very thankful to say that even after nearly 21 years of marriage my husband melts my heart.  However there are few things that are turn me to mush more than the way he loves and nurtures our kids.  

Thank you, Chad, for being a tender, patient, loving and fun daddy!  You inspire me to be the same.