"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, January 22, 2016

My PIZZA Crisis

Last weekend Sierra had a few friends over for pizza.  They did not eat nearly as much as we expected which resulted in lots and lots of leftovers.

I have eaten leftover pizza 3 or 4 times this week.

Yuck!

This morning as I was planning my day a trip to the grocery store felt both necessary AND impossible.  My schedule was full - but if I didn't stop at the store we would be forced to eat leftover pizza AGAIN!  I really, really did not want to eat pizza again.

And then it occurred to me. . . most of the world eats the same thing every day of the year.  Every! Single!  Day !

Put into that perspective, my "empty" fridge looks pretty full.



In the end, Mataya and I ate that "yucky" pizza for lunch, and once I changed my attitude from greedy to grateful, it didn't taste half bad.

Only in America would eating pizza leftover for lunch become a crisis.  I am truly ashamed of my own attitude of entitlement.

Forgive me, Lord, for the times when I am not grateful for the way You have provided.  Thank You for ALL that You provide.  Create in me a grateful and content heart, Lord.  You are SO good to me.