"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, January 1, 2016

Welcome 2016

New Years Eve was a quietly noisy affair.

All the kids had friends over - so it was a house full of teenagers.  We made a ton of appetizers, and though Chad and I felt slightly displaced since the teens were "taking over" all the couches and TVs, we had a great time.  I am so thankful that the kids chose to  be home, playing games, fighting nerf gun wars, watching videos, eating, and laughing.  The chaos was such a blessing!








 All Mataya needs to be happy is her daddy.  She is soooo attached to him.

She also loved watching the neighbors light off fireworks.  She kept yelling "Maaaazing!  Fooful"  (Amazing!  Beautiful!)  She was not happy when mom and dad put her to bed at 10:30.  She thought she should party with the big kids.
Getting Joshua to bed was not a problem.  He was fast asleep on the couch by 10.

I did not make it until midnight either.  I was OUT by 11.  Thankfully, my amazing husband took the late shift.  I was up with Mataya at the crack of 6, and to my delight, the kitchen was spotless.  Daddy definitely earned his late morning that day!  I so appreciate the way we split jobs and responsibilities.  We may tag team more than ever before - but even when we are not working side by side, we are most certainly a team.  I can not imagine doing life without him.