"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Years Aspirations 2016

Throughout December I had been asking the Lord about 2016.  In all honesty I have not been looking forward to it.

There will be some major changes in the coming year.  I was struggling as I was trying to figure out how to prepare for them.   I was stuck in a rut of duty rather than joy.

Do you ever do that?

Some days I end up with a "poor me" attitude.  Poor me - I have 10 loads of laundry, 4 bathrooms to clean, dinner to prepare, and littles to care for.  Poor me - during nap time I need to work for Chad rather than take a nap or read a book.  Poor me - I have not worked out in 3 days because ALL my time has been filled with the needs of others.  Poor me. . .

In all those scenarios, I could also choose joy.  Lucky me - my family has many clothing choices and an automatic washer and dryer with which to clean them.  Lucky me - I have running water and sanitary living conditions.  Lucky me - I have a variety of foods available to prepare a nutritious meal for my family tonight.  Lucky me - I have precious little ones to love and guide through out the day.  Lucky me - I am gainfully employed AND I can do the majority of my job from home.  Lucky me - there are people in my life than need me and love me.

So as God has been talking to me about my "heart disease" and I have been trying to prepare mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, and "schedully" (with my daily schedule) for the year to come God showed me my verse.



You KNOW a verse is directed to you when it leaps from the page.  As I read this it seemed to be 3D or something, and I was like "OK?"

And as it soaked in, my "OK?" changed to "OK!!"

Yes Lord, what I want is to live a life that bears fruit.

And to do that I need YOU.

I need to ABIDE in You.

Steep in You.

Focus on You.

Relax into You.

Listen to You.

Seek You.

Trust You.

Talk to You.

Daily, Hourly, Minute-By-Minute.

So the survival guide that the Lord gave me for the year ahead is ABIDE!

Abide.

Abide.

Abide.

Abide in Him.

So this year my aspiration is to abide in Him.  That I may bear fruit.

For His glory.