"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Whose Yoke Is It?

The last few days anxiety and guilt have been following me like a shadow.  They linger near, but they never overtake me.

This morning, very early, I was laying in bed praying.  Thinking through my day and the weeks to come.  I was spilling out my "worry list" to the Lord.

As I was praying, he quietly spoke these words into my heart.

"My yoke is easy and My burden in light (Matthew 11:30).  Whose yoke are you wearing?"

Long, deep, life-giving sigh.

He was so right.  My worries were ALL me taking on a yoke that was not mine to wear.

So my first lesson this year is pretty powerful and equally simple.

Now. . . if only I can remember it.

(Ever feel that way?!?)

I am so thankful for our patient, faithful, always loving God.  I'm quite sure I would have given up on me a long time ago. . .