"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Choosing Gratitude Over "Grumpitude" Day 23

Though I have no pics to prove it, it was a precious day.

My dad and I road tripped by ourselves.  I don't get much time with my dad, and I never get one on one time with him.  Several hours alone in the car was a gift.

The first item on our agenda was watching Jamison race.

He ran his first college mile.  He went out hard and fast.  His stride was a thing of beauty.  He has been training for shorter races, which showed at about the 800 M mark when his stride tightened up considerably.  However, he relaxed back into the race and finished in 4:41.  Since his fastest high school 1600 time was 4:40 ran outside, and a 1600 is about 9 M shorter than a mile, so I am calling this a PR.

While it is always fun to watch him race, the real highlight of the event was getting to talk to him for an hour or so after the race.  We have only texted and had very brief conversations since he returned to school, so catching up with him was so good for this momma's heart.

As a bonus, my aunt and uncle came to watch him race.  Catching up with my aunt was soooo good.  Watching the lives of my cousins and their families unfold on social media keeps us a bit connected - but there is nothing like face to face conversation!

After watching Jamison race, we had the pleasure of listening to Brenna in concert.  She was a part of the ACDA choir festival.  700 students auditioned for this festival 190 of which were chosen to attend, so being there was quite an accomplishment.  The choir she was a part of performed 5 songs under the direction of a collegiate director from SD.  They were phenomenal!

After the concert we had supper at Brenna's restaurant of choice, Noodles and Co, before road tripping back home.

I feel so lucky that I was able to be at these events. Though my "Saturday work" remained untouched, it will be there tomorrow.  Today was precious time spent enjoying precious people.  I am so very lucky to have been present.