"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Choosing Gratitude Over "Grumpitude" Day 26

Today, I am thankful for snow.

Snow has sustained us this winter.

This fall we had several large projects that were going to keep us busy through the winter.  Both were delayed through no fault of our own.  We were very uncertain of how the Lord would provide for us and our guys this winter - but we have learned that He always does.

I would be lying if I told you I never had a moment of doubt or fear.  I have confessed my lack of belief and begged God to understand my prayer of, "I believe.  Help my unbelief."

I have tossed and turned and paced throughout many nights rather than resting in the assurance that He is the Provider.  I have often failed.  He has never failed me.

Today, once again, He sent snow.

In our "business plan," snow is filler work.  On an average winter, it keeps our equipment somewhat active in the winter.  Some winters we only move snow a handfull of times.

This winter, the winter we did not know how we would keep our guys busy, the massive amounts of snow that God has sent our area has caused our employees to have some of their largest paychecks ever because of extreme amounts of overtime.

It is unbelievable, really.

Just this morning, I was able to thank God for this time of uncertainty.  This time of Him providing us our daily bread.  While I much prefer the times when we have several projects running and I feel "financially secure" this time of daily dependency has refined me.  It has highlighted just how much I love feeling in control.  Having a plan.  How often I depend on my strength rather than His.  The truth?  He is my Provider.  His plan is much better than my plan.  He is faithful.  He gives good gifts in His time as He wills.

More than likely, I will always have days when I confess, "I believe.  Help my unbelief."  Days when I long for things to be done MY way.  Days when I long for earthly security and a safe, stable plan.

But for today I say, "Thank you God for miraculous provision.  For using something I hate, snow, to provide for my family and the families of the men we employ.  You are a good, good Father."

"I believe; help my unbelief." Mark 9:24