"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Choosing Gratitude Over "Grumpitude" Day 20

A wall came down at our house today!



For over a year, I have been hoping to partially tear down the wall between out family room and the rest of the house.  Although we entertain large groups 6-10 times a year, this house did not function as well as I wished for crowds.  I needed additional serving space, and to get the crowd out of the kitchen where traffic flow is less than ideal.  I was positively giddy when they cut this big old hole in!

Before all is said and done, cabinets will be built.  Counter top will be added. . . along with the entire house needing to be scrubbed.  (UGH!  The dust that remodeling creates!) But I love it already.  The light from the family room floods the heart of our home, and the entire house feels more airy.

I am thankful today for this opportunity to make our home more functional.

Even more, I am thankful for the men who are here doing the work.  We have amazing employees, right now.  They are kind, highly skilled, and enthusiastic.  They work  hard and take great pride in their work.  They are also quality individuals.  I never worry about what Mataya might hear or see around our current group of employees.  It is an honor and privilege to employ them.