"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Choosing Gratitude Over "Grumpitude" Day 19

Today something AH-MAZ-ING happened!

I took Mataya shopping (at SAM's Club non the less) and she followed all my shopping rules with joy and enthusiasm.

Back story - Mataya is often a terrible shopper.  She has been known to race all over, when given the chance.  Grab stuff off shelves.  Tantrum.  Hide in clothing racks.  (You get the idea!)

Many shopping trips include redirection, time-out in the cart, and/or cell phone ap bribery.  I often joke that Mataya has saved us a TON of money because I have avoided shopping like the plague since she has learned to walk!  Ha!

However today, she was an angel.

OK - so she was Mataya.  She needed to be very involved.  She took all the items we needed off the shelf and put them in the cart.  She decided which carton of tomatoes to buy because apparently I don't choose them very well.  She walked very quickly (some may have called it running) and sometimes got ahead of me - but she stopped when I asked her to stop!

She chatted joyfully throughout the store.  She helped me search for the items on my list without asking for additional items.  She charmingly told other shoppers, "hello" and  "excuse me" and "have a nice day."

She even kept her shoes on the entire time we were in the store, and if you know Mataya, you would realize that she NEVER keeps her shoes on!

It was sublime.

When I told her daddy and siblings how amazing she was at SAM's club she grinned ear to ear and replied, "Mooom!  I am getting bigger you know!"

Sometimes bigger IS better!