"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Choosing Gratitude over "Grumpitude" Day 7

Today, I feel nearly normal!  I'm not quite ready to workout again - but I ate three meals and my body is not aching this evening!  I am so thankful for the amazing healing properties God has woven into our bodies.

I am also thankful for toddler art!

I heart toddler art!  So does Mataya!  We have so much fun working on projects.

Today's was an oldie... I actually got this recipe during college!

 I have made it into hundreds of different things.  Magnets.  Ornaments.  Gift tags.  Jewelry.  Sculptures.  It is always quick and easy and cheap!
Today we decided to make Valentine heart magnets.  Mataya helped with every step!
She mixed.
Rolled!
 And cut the dough.
 Mataya is all enthusiasm and energy in all she loves.  She HAS to be in the middle of it all, which in this case means in the middle of the counter top.  NOPE!  This was not allowed when the older kids were toddlers.  I wish I could go back and be a little less strict sometimes.  Other times I think I should be more strict now. . . balance is a myth!
Mataya's favorite thing in the kitchen is the sink.  When I let her wash dishes, she thinks she's won the lottery.

(Also check out that permanent cowlick.  Her hair is so stubborn - but it suits her perfectly!  Crazy and curly and untamable!)

We made these fairly thick, so they baked for an hour.  Then they cooled while Mataya napped, and I worked on payroll.
 After nap it was time to PAINT!!!!!

TayTay Hope LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to paint!  She skipped out of her room after nap today -   ecstatic that we would be painting soon.  She said, "Mommy.  You paint too.  It's sooooo fun!"

Here is her finished project!

Poor Joshua thought they were cookies when he got home from school.  He was not happy to hear they were actually salt dough! I probably owe him cookies.  Mataya told him, "Joshua when I get bigger I will mix you cookies.  BUT I'm not bigger yet!"

Messy toddler art oozing with enthusiasm and a bit of glitter made my heart happy today.