"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Choosing Gratitude Over "Grumpitude" Day 13

Naps!

The one thing I am most thankful for today is NAPS!

When Mataya and I got to work today, I was unexpectedly pulled into a meeting.  While in the meeting, Mataya snuggled into my chest and fell asleep.  At 10:30 AM!  Which meant for the next hour and a half, I was able to work without parenting!

Do NOT get me wrong.  I know I am SO lucky to be able to bring Mataya to work with me.  I am incredibly thankful for the time with her and the financial savings in day care expense.  However, it is not without it's challenges to office with a child.  I am thankful today that I was able to just work for a short time!

All too soon, she will be in school and I will be alone at work each day.  I cherish her chatter and messy and coloring and the frequent breaks for potty and snacks!  I will miss her like crazy when our officing days are over.  But, just for today, her snuggled up and softly snoring on a in her daddy's office was a sweet surprise.