"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, January 20, 2017

Choosing Gratitude over "Grumpitude" Day 8

I hate snow.  I hate cold.  If it were up to me I would stay inside from the first snow until my tulips start blooming.  Truly.

But because it was "warm" today, I decided to be a "good mom" and take Mataya out to play.  I had not taken her outside since Nov 28 - the day of the first snow, except for necessities like work and groceries.  (True confession.)

When we walked out of the house, she was bouncing.  She was so, so happy to be outside.  I snapped this photo, and to be honest, my smile was totally fake.  I was thinking, "How many minutes until we can go in?!?"  But her smile. . . it radiated pure joy.  And her giggle, oh my, it melted my grumpies away in an instant.  She is so good for me.

First we walked down the road a bit.  We have a historic amount of snow.  Our ditches are completely full.  Most of the yard is covered with snow that reaches past my knees.  Poor Riley (the dog) can only circle the house.  Almost the entire yard has too much snow for him to get through.  It is astonishing.  The tree you can see in the background is staked at about my hip level.  As you can see, the snow nearly covers the stakes.

With snow that deep, play options are pretty slim - but we decided to head back to the driveway and climb the snow mountains that daddy has created with the loader.


 Little Miss Determination made it to the top where Riley was waiting.  She was so proud of herself.
 Then he ran down the HUGE snow mountain, wagged his tail, and showed her THIS smaller snow mountain.  They climbed that one together.  I am not sure which one of them had more fun.
The other big accomplishment of the day?

She tasted a big ol' mouthful of snow.  

Ick!

Truth be told. . . I will probably always hate snow -  AND, playing with that giggly girl in the awful white stuff was the best part of my day.

Joy is contagious.  Hang with someone joyful and you will be, too.

I am thankful for you TayTay Hopie girl.  You make me a better me.