"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Choosing Gratitude Over "Grumpitude" Day 17

REST!

Today I am so thankful for rest!

Chad and I loaded our youngest two into a company truck today along with a couple of shovels and a ladder.  Our plan was to check on the cabin.  Chad and the guys did a bunch of work at the site of our future cabin before the snow fell that I have not seen.  Today, we deemed, "THE DAY" I would see it.

It was not.

Though we got within two miles of our piece of paradise, there was too much snow on the roads to make it all the way.

Sometimes I would feel the day was a waste.  Hours in the truck for nothing. . .

But today, I am simply thankful.

Instead of a day filled with distractions, my day was filled with quiet conversation with Chad.  I also took a nap!  A long delightful nap.  Thank you Jesus, I was exhausted.  You knew just what I needed.