"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Choosing Gratitude Over "Grumpitude" Day 14

It was a good day.

I slept late - until 6 am.  (Usually I have to be up by 5:15.)

I woke up with this song on my heart and in my head.  It is "my jam" as Sierra would say.



Chad made breakfast and drove Brenna to choir.

Mataya and I cranked up the worship tunes all morning.

I chatted with a treasured friend for a long time.

I played a rousing game of Hide and Seek with Mataya.  She makes me giggle.  And I do the same for her.

We did an art project.  I painted her hands,  Painting tiny hands always makes me happy.


And then she asked to paint my hands.  Melt my heart.  In 20 years of painting tiny hands, mine have never before been painted.
It is a new thing to be both momma and playmate.  With no sibling her age, we are uniquely close.  It is a precious gift.  

Chad sent me a "thanks for doing a good job" text.

Supper turned out yummy.

My floors are all scrubbed.

Some days are filled with mundane beauty.  Simplicity.  Peace.

This was one,

I am thankful.

Very thankful.

Days like today are my favorite.