"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Choosing Gratitude Over "Grumpitude" Day 10

Old pic.

New thoughts.

Sunday did not start well.

A sick kiddo woke me up.  Then we got an early morning phone call that Chad's grandfather had passed away during the night.  The day loomed ahead.  We were having a business dinner party in the evening.  I was not prepared.  I was tired, really tired.  And all of it just felt like too much.

I stomped around like a toddler.  I ranted to Chad about the "muchness" of it all.

And he listened.

Made me coffee.

Shopped for groceries with me.

Complimented my meal.

It was not a great day - but the calm, steady encouragement that Chad provided made it a bearable one.

Oh, how thankful I am for this man who holds my heart.