"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Choosing Gratitude Over "Grumpitude" Day 27

I am so very thankful for the flexible office job that I have.

Bringing Mataya to work is such a blessing. I adore all the time I have with her.  And the guys we employ adore her.  She makes us laugh every day.  

She delights in drinking gatorade from a coffee cup, trying to fool everyone into thinking she drinks coffee.  

She hooks her bare toes (she never wears shoes) on the floor trim outside of Glenn's office and plays peaks at him while he works, giggling like crazy when he catches her.

She colors for hours at her desk, which is attached to mine.

She sneaks way too much candy out of the candy jar on my counter and rarely throws the wrappers in the trash.

She makes a zoo with her Little People animals and takes her "Elsa" dolls to visit the zoo, pretending quietly on the rug behind my desk.

She loves to open the mail.

She thinks watching PBS on the chair in Daddy's office is the greatest.

She pretends to be scared of several of our employees, refusing to talk to them when they stop to say hello.

She loves cleaning toilets.

She drags her infamous pink blankey all over the dusty floors like Linus on Charlie Brown.

She yells, "DADDY!!!!!!!" and runs to hug him whenever he walks into the room.

Today I got involved in a task and worked a bit later than planned, and my little peanut curled up in a chair in Daddy's office (which connects to mine) and took a nap.

While there are moments of chaos and distraction, I will always treasure these days of officing with Mataya.  Always.  They are such a gift.