"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Paperwork

I am beginning to organize the paperwork for our dossier. I am a nerd and like paperwork and organization so it was almost fun. IAN sent us a very specific guide with lots of templates that makes the process mostly fill in the blank. I have been busy making appointments with the various people we will need to sign off on our merit as adoptive parents.

I need certified copies of our birth and marriage certificates. (ordered)
I need a notarized letter from each of our doctors attesting to our health. (made appointments)
I need a notarized letter from our CPA testifying to our income. (made appointments)
I need a notarized letter from the local police stating we have no outstanding police record. (ask)
I need a notarized letter from our bank stating total deposits and the account balance. (call for)
I need 3 notarized reference letters. (need to give them forms)
I need proof of medical insurance for us and our adoptive child, notarized of course. (must copy)
There are also various other contracts and Power of Attorney papers. (printed and ready to sign)
We need a completed home study. (have appointment to begin next week)

It is actually fairly straight forward, just a lot of "i's to dot and t's to cross" and people to meet with. My goal is to have all the legal documents ready to go before the home study is completed. We need a completed homestudy before we can apply for the US government's permission to adopt. Once we have that we can send everything to Ethiopia for their approval.