"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Krissy Jean is 15!

Yesterday, our first baby turned 15!  I would love to show you photos of the party, but she refused to allow photography of any kind at her party.  She also refused to allow us to sing "Happy Birthday!"  She did, however, accept gifts.

Krissy is smart, kind, thoughtful, responsible, sarcastic, driven, determined, strong-willed, compassionate...  She is a teenager I am so proud of.  One I am so thankful for.

Krissy chose to invite only our "in town" family to her "Dessert Social" birthday party.  She decided on the menu.  She even phoned some friends to gather recipes.

Here is one of the recipes she requested.

Peanut Butter Puppy Chow:

  • Melt together 12oz. butterscotch chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • spread over 8-9 cups Crispix cereal
  • cool a bit on a large cookie sheet
  • add 6 oz mini chocolate chips or mini M&M's (or both)
  • refrigerate an hour or so
  • Break mixture into pieces and enjoy!
This was YUMMY!  

We also had fruit pizza, apple pie, and oreo cookie balls.  as you can see, along with all her other wonderful traits, Krissy has fabulous taste in desserts!

Krissy, you are at an age that I tend to treasure each day with you in our home.  I find myself thinking 3 more years... just three more years... often!  I work hard to "hang on loosely,"  and To give you the freedom and privileges you have so earned.  I feel sometimes that we are on the runway, we have been through the safety talk, and the plane is just starting to gain speed as it heads toward take off.  I know these next 3 years will speed by.  I realize that before I know it you will be soaring into adulthood.  I have no doubt you will be ready to take on the world.  I plan to totally enjoy these next few years buckled into a seat nearby you.  I have no doubt that it will be an amazing take off.

I love you Krissy!  I believe in you!  I am so thankful to have been chosen to be your mom! Happy 15th Birthday!