"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Selling

After talking about it off and on for two years, Chad and I have decided to sell our home.  I am peacefully terrified about this decision!  Peaceful because it has been on my heart for years.  Terrified because I do not know what comes next!

We built our current home six years ago.  Chad and I custom designed it.  We put months and months of labor into it.  We stained, sanded, laquered, sheetrocked, painted, tiled, poured concrete, landscaped... It has been a labor of love.

The resulting home has been pretty much exactly what we wanted.  It is a large home, with plenty of room to entertain.  We have loved hosting family gatherings.  Our home (fairly) comfortably holds 45 people at Christmas.  Each of the kids have their own room.  Chad and I have a lovely master suite that we totally enjoy hiding away in.  Our house is located within walking distance of the middle school, which is so very convenient.  In the world view, we have everything we "need."

But because we want to do more with our money than make house payments, we are selling.

There are few things I dread more than having a house for sale.  So please join me in praying that our home sells quickly!  Trying to keep my house clean enough to show at any moment stresses me out... and when momma is stressed, well it is just NOT good.

We are looking for a home just north of town, sitting on around 2 acres.  This would give the kids and the dog more room to play.  It would also allow us to keep the camper and boat at our home.  I have REFUSED this idea for the last 17 years, so it is a huge step for me - but I am peaceful.  I think it is time.

Here are a few other things I would appreciate you covering in prayer:
  • God's blessing on this whole plan
  • Discerning the needs... the true needs of our family... and finding a home that will meet them
  • Location, location, location... the kids really want to remain in their current schools
  • Trees... not really a need, but I would be so thrilled to have mature trees to add privacy and interrupt the prairie winds
  • For each member of our home to have a content heart as we sell and after we move
Thanks friends!  Now I am off to clean another closet!  If things go as planned we will have this home officially on the market next week.  (That's my husband...  once he decides something it happens QUICK!)