"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Construction Update: Lights are On! Staining and Lacquering Begin!

 The BIG accomplishment this week is that we now have lights and outlets.

This makes working at all times of the day (and late into the night) possible.
 This is a picture of LOVE in action.

We have A LOT of recessed lighting in our home.  I insisted that all the fixtures (the rings that surround the light bulb) be painted the same color as the ceiling.  So Chad, just to make me happy, helped me take down many, many fixtures AND paint them right away.  The do-nuts on the ceiling drove me crazy!  I so appreciate that once in a while Chad drops everything to fix the small stuff, just to make me happy.

(I am much happier now!)
 Friday night Chad and I went to Menards to pick up all our doors and much of our flooring.
We filled up his largest trailer.
 I am so thankful that we have strong helpful kids.
Unloading was a lot of work, but the kids made it much easier!
 This is the big pile of flooring that my darling husband will soon be installing.
 Joshua reminded me that I needed to take a photo of him in his dark blue room.
He is very proud!
 Joshua insisted he take mom and dad's picture in our room, too.

You can not imagine how happy I will be to have a bedroom again!
Privacy is NOT part of camper living.
 This photo of Brenna in her hot pink room was too cute not to post.
She is LOVING her room!
 My boys!
These two make my heart happy as they tease and wrestle.
They are so funny together.
 Saturday we set up a door sanding, staining, and lacquering assembly line.

Brian offered to help.  He spent all afternoon sanding doors.  An extra set of hands is so appreciated.

And Cindy sent food.  My mom laughed watching us eat.  We have been living on pizza, tacos, and hot dogs.  Real food tastes SO good.
 Krissy and I set a goal to have everything in the garage stained before we left for the day, so we all worked together to get each one of the door frames sanded and stained before dark.

It was so fun to have Krissy be the one to say, "We are gonna do this!  I am not leaving until this job is done!"  (Jay is not impressed with the shirtless photo.  He was not planning on working with messy stain so he was wearing a shirt that he did not want to ruin.  He ditched his shirt to pitch in and get the job done.  Momma insisted on a photo because I was so proud of the way all the kids jumped in to work together even at the end of a long day!)
 Throughout the weekend, my mom stained windows.  That is a messy and tedious job.  I was so thankful to have her help.  Tedious jobs are a struggle for me.  I always want to go too fast and end up making a mess.  Her patience was just what the situation called for.
 The older three kids had yet another tedious job.

Vacuuming!
We asked them to vacuum the whole house to try and remove as much dust and dirt as possible before we started lacquering.  It was not a fun job, but they hung in there and got it done!
 Today, Chad sprayed lacquer on the doors we sanded and stained yesterday.

Each door needs to be sanded one more time before it is hung.

I spent the day brushing lacquer on the windows that my mom so graciously stained.

Little by little, tasks are getting done.

This week we hope:
The siding will be completed.
The driveway will be completed.
Interior door installation will begin.
Cabinet installation will begin.
Lacquering of windows will be completed.
Septic work will take place.

***Please pray that we get the details of our septic worked out.  Chad is waiting on some engineering before he begins it.  We need this done ASAP.  The sooner the septic system is done the better.  We would really like to move the campers to the house lot, but we can not do that until the septic system is in place.  



Here is one more Joshua picture to make you smile.

Chad bought a new toy.  Joshua (of course) got a ride.  After he rode with Chad, he played in the cab for a long time.  Finally he called me over and explained how each and every lever works.  That boy shares his daddy's heart no doubt!