"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Construction Update: A Little Disappointed

No photos this week since it was one of those weeks when nothing quite goes as planned.

The super tapers ARE super . . . when they show up.  Unfortunately they did not show up much.  So, they are about a week behind.  I know a week does not sound like much.  In all reality, it is NOT much.  But, at this point, it feels like forever.

The big windows with the trapezoids on top were installed.  They look lovely.

The siding work continues.  It looks great, but it too came to a standstill because the supplier neglected to order a part we need to continue.

More concrete is formed, but it was too rainy the end of the week to rush a pour.

We worked on insulating this weekend.  It is the final insulating project.  It should be fairly simple.  Just blow cellulose into the attics.  Yesterday Chad, Brian, and the kids got the garage attic done.  Today, we attempted to finish in the house.  However, the blower kept blowing the breaker.  We finally gave up and came home.

I also tore my last two contacts and since my prescription is outdated, I will have to wear my glasses until I get into an eye doc.

I am honestly feeling a bit discouraged and fairly overwhelmed.

School starts in 2 and a half weeks, and there is much to get done.  Sports physicals and eye appointments to schedule. School clothes and school supplies to purchase (and find room for in the campers).  Open houses to attend.  Cross country begins, and with it comes meetings and practice schedules.  Sierra will have braces put on.  Brenna will see the orthopedist to have her clavicle rechecked.  All that is busy enough!

Add to it both jobs.

And the house.  Next week alone we, personally,  need to finish the blow in insulation, cover all the windows with plastic, and spray primer on all the sheetrock - by Thursday.  That gives the tapers Friday to texture.  (The tapers insist that we prime before they texture.  We had hoped to prime over the weekend - but they did not perform.  So, now we must prime during the week.  We are hoping we can get the whole house done in 2-3 evenings. If the tapers have finished by Tuesday, we have 3 evenings to prime assuming they can texture Friday. I will be very, very disappointed if the texture is not complete by next weekend - especially if it is not done due to more no showing of subs!  However, as Chad so wisely reminds me, it is more important that we allow work to be done well than anything.  Rushed taping and texturing will look terrible a lot longer than the week or two delay that I am way to focused on.)

Alright!  Enough whining!  The highlight of my week?

My brilliant husband got the TVs working in the campers, so we have been able to watch the Olympics! I am not normally a TV watcher (at all), but I love, love, love the Olympics.  The stories of the athletes are always so inspiring and encouraging.  They have truly made my week!