"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Joshua-isms"

Thanks for praying for me.

The end of last week was hard.

I received a "there was an accident, but she's OK" call.  I was too tired, worn, and stressed already to handle it as well as I usually would have.

Sometimes owning our own business is very draining.  Last week it was especially so.  I was too tired, worn, and stressed to handle it as well as I usually do.

Those things on top of the usual crazy we have chosen for the summer - camper living, working many hours on the new house, jobs, kids, school starting - just seemed like more than I could handle.

My stresses will remain for a period of time, so please continue to pray for me.  We will make it through, eventually. . .

In the midst of the crazy and stressful, Joshua has been my stress relief.  He says the funniest things.  I thought I better write them down before I forget all his precious thoughts.

  • Joshua has spent A LOT of time around our employees this summer.  He loves them.  They have been incredible with him as well.  So we were shocked when he commented to Chad this week, "You should fire Cory."  Chad further questioned him about why Cory should be fired and Joshua responded, "Well, if you fire him, he has to give you back the blue truck.  I love the blue truck."
  • Another day the guys were packing up for the day.  Joshua could NOT understand why they were leaving.  He told them, "You should not go home.  There is still work to do!"  Chad is more and more sure every day that Joshua will be an excellent business partner some day!
  • Recently a good friend of ours adopted a baby.  Joshua was THRILLED to meet him.  When he peaked into the infant seat to see the little guy sleeping, he whispered into my ear, "Mom he has brown skin like me!  He even has black hair like me!  He is really, really cute!"  I agreed!  Driving home later Joshua asked me, "Mom, do you know what the cutest thing I ever saw in the whole wide world is?"  I told him I did not.  He said with a huff, "Glenn's baby!"  Then he had an idea.  "Mom we should adopt a baby with brown skin like that!  I would really like that."  I told him that would be pretty special and asked what he would think about us having a baby with white skin.  After considering the idea for a while, he responded, "Well, brown skin is the cutest.  But I do think everyone in our family is pretty cute.  Right mom?  So a white baby would be OK, but a brown one would be sooooo cuter!" 
  • Yesterday morning Joshua climbed into bed next to me about 6:45 am.  He snuggled in tight as said, "I bet you are so happy I am here.  Now you can be really comfy with me to snuggle."  before falling right back to sleep.
I am so thankful for laughter, silliness, and innocence in the midst of crazy!