"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jamison is 15

 Our tall son turned 15 today.
 
So much has changed since his last birthday.  He is now taller than me, as well as WAY stronger and faster.  His confidence has grown exponentially in the last year as well..
 
I am beyond proud of Jamison Chad.
 
I am also beyond thankful for him.  He went "try hard" all summer building our house.  He never complained (at least until the flood.)  He is the kind of kid that always thanks me for supper and doing his laundry.
 
He has the best sense of humor.  He is "stealthy" and always up to one prank or another.  He makes me laugh every single day, sometimes because he is trying - and other times because he states the truth so calmly in the midst of the drama his siblings create.
 
He is not afraid of hard work, and when he sets a goal, you better just step out of the way because he will figure out how to achieve it.  He may be calm, rational, and very patient - but he has a big wide competitive streak that rounds out his personality quite well.
 
He is kind.  Always.
 
And those dimples.
Yeah!  They still get him out of trouble with his momma all too often.
 
He is also the greatest big brother, ever.
 
Every one of his siblings would agree with that.
 
(That picture cracks me up.  Joshua took forever blowing out his candles last week, so he decided to help his big bro out tonight.  It was just so funny!)
 
Happy Birthday, Jamison.
Sorry your gift is late.
It will be worth the wait. . . at least I think you will like it!
 
I am so thankful God chose me to be your mom.
So very thankful!