"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Operation Birthday Relaxation

My birthday wish was to STAY HOME all day and RELAX!
 
 I stayed in bed until almost 9 am.
I got a full 8 hours of sleep, which was epic!
 
Chad fed me breakfast, and then I searched the house for the sunniest prettiest spot on which to read while Chad took all 5 kids shopping for my gifts. 
 I curled up with a cup of coffee and a delicious smelling candle and read for hours.
 
When Chad and the kids got home from shopping, I was still in my pajamas.
(Happy sigh!)

 Soon after arriving home, Chad had to head into work.
So Sierra took over!
 
She made me a delicious ramen noodle lunch, served with a glass of wine.
Then Jamison cleaned up.
 
I was feeling like quite the birthday princess.
 After lunch and some more reading (I finished a whole novel today), I dozed on the couch.
The cutest little guy woke me up with kisses,
 snuggles, and tickles.
 That same little snuggle box wanted to take pictures of mommy being lazy.
 I think he was totally fascinated by the fact that I had spent the entire afternoon on the couch.
(The truth is that if I did not have a killer cold, I never would have made it all day!)
About 5, Sierra and Brenna got to work making cake pops for me - from scratch!
They turned out great! 
 Brenna agreed!
 Chad got home about 6:30 and started making supper.
He had not planned on working today, so he enlisted Sierra's help in cooking.
Her job was to devein (or depoop as she called it) shrimp.
She was horrified.
She says she proved how much she loved me today by depooping shrimp.
She makes me laugh out loud!
 There is my super-spoiled-birthday-girl supper.
Yummy!
I even got double dessert!
Ice cream cake AND cake pops.
(notice Joshua helping me with my candle)
Krissy was working so I am one daughter short in this picture.
 Jamison was snapping pics, so I am one son and one daughter short in this one!
The blue eyed Dietrich girls.
 
It has been a very good 38th birthday.  I am praying it is the peaceful start of a peaceful, rest-filled year.  And now, my killer cold and I are going to bed, at 9 pm. 
 
I wish it could be my birthday again tomorrow!